Would u like to quit smoking??
Would you like to give a few advice to ur loved ones to quit smoking?
If yes, read on.
Ritesh, a 24yr old data analyst working in a MNC in Bangalore smokes 2packs per day.His girl friend Niki complains of his bad breathe and it’s a embarrassment for him.Ritesh tried quit smoking.He stopped smoking fr 3 weeks,but unable to bear his work stress and carving he,resumed his habit finally.
Ritesh can be anyone of us, who struggled a lot to quit but ended up bad.
Quitting is easy but maintaining abstinence is a challenge.
Here are few ways we suggest you that can help “quit smoking”.
1. First mantra : Quitting is hard. It can take several attempts to succeed. So, never give up.
2. There are definite benefits : u will have better sense of smell, your clothes smell better, your breathe smell better.
more imp, u will save money 😉
3. Make a quit plan- reward yourself.
4. Make a support group. Find your quit buddy. Encourage each other.
5.curb triggers :
- Avoid people who smoke
- Avoid smoke breaks at work.
- Avoid store where you usually buy cigarettes. Find a different route so that you don’t have to pass it.
- Avoid locations and situations where you usually smoke.
- Stay away from coffee and alcohol, as they may trigger a desire to smoke.
- Withdrawal symptoms : you may experience anxiety, irritability, restlessness within 1-2 weeks.
How to deal with withdrawal symptoms?
- Exercise – try walking, climbing stairs instead of lift, use cycle to office.
- Drink water, take few deep and slow breaths when u feel anxious.
- Carry a sugar free chewing gum or healthy snacks like spouts,salad unit bag.eat it whenever u feel an uncontrollable urge to smoke.
- Take up a hobby like cooking, dancing, gardening, trekking, hiking, painting, learning a musical instrument, learning new language etc. Clean house, your room , storage area. These will keep you away from restlessness.
- If difficulty with sleeping, avoid caffeine in afternoon and evening.Go for a morning jog or use cycle to office.
Quitting can be very difficult. It can often take several attempts to successfully quit.
“Would you like to try again ?”